Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What are you having?

At this point in pregnancy (33 weeks & 5 days) there are no means possible to hide such an engorged belly. Because of this I am frequently asked "When are you due?" or the not so nice variation of "You're gonna pop any day now." "You're huge." Finally my personal favorite "You look like you should have had your baby already." Ouch. Following this question is the ever popular question of "What are you having?" My sister in law, Emily, sent me a picture (posted below) addressing this ever pressing question.
hehe harhar

More often than not people are taken back by the fact that I could not know the sex of the human being growing inside of me. This only encourages their curiosity and is followed by "What do you want to have?" or "What do you think you are having?" Lets be perfectly honest here. I have no stinkin clue. If you ask me I will say boy. Why? I don't know.

Initially the idea of having a boy scared me to death. Being from a family of 3 girls, the sound of crashing cars and machine guns have never found my favor. However, somewhere in the last 33 weeks something switched.

How amazing it would be to have a mini Jason?! I started to imagine this little boy mimicking his father's movements ever so closely. Wanting to do everything his daddy does. Growing up to be the man that he is: passionate, loyal, affectionate, faithful, confident. He is pretty good looking too if you ask me ;) I fell in love with the idea of having a boy. Now while I do realize that this little Jason I have made up in my mind follows a simple rule that I know not to be true. A little boy does not mean he will be exactly like his dad and a little girl does not mean she will be exactly like her mother. But its fun to fill my mind with such ideas.

Bottom line. Regardless of if baby Graebner is destined to wear blue or pink I will love him/her just as much.

1 comment: